re:focus partners, LLC is a design firm that advances resilient infrastructure solutions. They work with a range of public and private sector clients to craft policy recommendations, identify financing strategies, and envision conceptual designs that promote on-the-ground implementation. re:focus is dedicated to creating innovative partnerships to solve problems such as the need to reinvest in infrastructure and mobilize new resources to protect communities. They are also committed to increasing the resilience of frontline communities by finding solutions that provide the greatest public value. re:focus also aims to improve integrated planning by bridging silos, finding ways to bring diverse stakeholders together, and relying on a network of collaborators to approach projects.
Some of their initiatives include:
- RE.bound Program - a global collaborative designed to link insurance solutions with investment in resilient infrastructure systems such seawalls and green infrastructure. This projects aims to develop a new type of Resilience Bond to finance local resilience projects.
- Build it Green - this is a two-year (2016-2017) state-level program to provide technical assistance and engineering support services to New Jersey communities to develop infrastructure projects to reduce combined water and sanitary sewer overflows that pollute waterways.
- RE.invest Initiative is a two-year (2013-2015) public private collaboration that provided technical assistance to eight US cities to mobilize private investment in resilience and urban infrastructure.
In addition to these initiatives, re:focus works with clients to build long-terms resilience in their communities. For example, they have worked in Hoboken, NJ to redesign a contaminated industrial site to provide flood protection, with the City of New Orleans to successfully implement their HUD National Disaster Resilience Competition award, and with San Francisco to craft the City's first resilience strategy, among others.
- Leveraging Catastrophe Bonds as a Mechanism for Resilient Infrastructure Project Finance
- Field Guide to CSO+: A Strategy for Aligning Priorities and Tactics for Unlocking Resources
- A Roadmap for Resilience
- The Atlas Marketplace