Stratus Consulting is a research and consulting firm that specializes in helping governments, non-government organizations, and the private sector understand and reduce their vulnerability to climate change. Their work includes analysis options to reduce vulnerability to climate change. These options are effective given the uncertainties about climate change and other factors. Stratus Consulting also excels in developing climate change scenarios, including scenarios of changes in extreme events and in analyzing the consequences of climate change for water resources, coastal resources, human health, and ecosystems.
The organization has developed expertise in adaptation practices and helping clients determine appropriate adaptation strategies given the uncertainties and long time frame for climate change adaptation. They work with natural resource managers to identify thresholds involving unacceptable risks and assess the likelihood of exceeding those thresholds in the future.
- Climate Change in Park City, Utah: An Assessment of Climate, Snowpack, and Economic Impacts
- An Architecture for Government Action on Adaptation to Climate Change, an Editorial Comment
- Climate Change Vulnerability Assessments: A Review of Water Utility Practices
- Options for Improving Climate Modeling to Assist Water Utility Planning for Climate Change
- Implications of Climate Change for Urban Water Utilities
- Boulder County, Colorado Climate Change Preparedness Plan
- Adapting to Climate Change - A Call for Federal Leadership
- Adaptation Case Studies in the Western United States