Model Forest Policy Program
Composed of natural resource experts, the Model Forest Policy Program (MFPP) is a national nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to forest stewardship and sustainable forestry practices by private forestland owners. The MFPP is designed to train and support rural communities across the nation to build climate adaptation strategies via an online learning platform and live coaching.
As of 2016, The MFPP worked with 33 communities across the country to participate in the Climate Solutions University. This program shepherds communities through a strategic process to determine vulnerabilities and draft plans.
The MFPP, in addition to its Climate Solutions University training program, also offers consulting services on an as-needed basis. The multi-disciplinary team of experts is available to assist communities in developing specific forest and water-related climate solutions.
Phone: (509) 432–8679
- Climate Adaptation and Action Plan for the Norton Bay Watershed, Alaska
- Clearwater River Subbasin Climate Change Adaptation Plan
- Forest and Water Climate Adaptation: A Plan for Whatcom County, Washington
- Cumberland County, North Carolina, Climate Resiliency Plan
- Climate Solutions University (CSU)