Climate Change: Mastering the Public Health Role Webinar Series
With support from the Centers for Disease Control, the Association of Public Health Agencies hosted a year-long, six-part webinar series titled “Climate Change: Mastering the Public Health Role” in 2009-2010.
This educational series presents:
- basic climate science and the health impacts of climate change
- the public health role in state and local adaptation planning
- strategies to adapt to health impacts of climate change, and
- effectively communicating the health related aspects of climate change.
A separate guidebook under the same name was published in 2011 that represents a translation of these webinars, intended as a tool for the public health community to prepare for the challenges of climate change.
Publication Date: 2010
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) - Climate Change Collaborative
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Education/training materials