Michigan Climate Coalition
The Michigan Climate Coalition (MCC) "seeks to foster synergy through information, communication and action, in order to assist Michigan in responding to climate change."
The MCC was founded in November 2010 by MSU Climate Change Leadership Fellows and Michigan citizens from the public and private sectors – from NGOs, businesses, government, and educational institutions.
A public-private partnership modeled after the Wisconsin Initiative on Climate Change Impacts (WICCI), the Coalition has also formed sector-specific subgroups that organize climate change activities, research, and initiatives around agriculture, coasts, education, energy, forests, health, inland waters, municipalities, planning, and wildlife.
The Coalition organizes conferences and symposiums at an annual or more frequent basis to facilitate communication and information sharing between the working groups. The subgroups summarize and translate climate-related work being done on their particular sector, identify where there are gaps in knowledge, identify opportunities for collaboration, and work to bring together people that otherwise would not have an opportunity to connect.
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources
- Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Michigan Department of Community Health
- Michigan Department of Transportation
- Michigan State University
- University of Michigan
- The Nature Conservancy (TNC)
- Wayne County RESA
- Michigan Natural Features Inventory
- CMS Energy
- Ecology Center
- Lake States Fire Science Consortium