U.S. EPA Climate Ready Estuaries
The Climate Ready Estuaries Program, of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, works to help coastal managers protect estuaries from the effects of climate change. Climate Ready Estuaries provides a variety of information on developing coastal adaptation plans for coastal managers both within the National Estuary Programs and elsewhere. These resources relate to vulnerability assessments, developing and implementing adaptation strategies, engaging and educating stakeholders, and sharing past experience with coastal managers.
The Climate Ready Estuaries website offers information on climate change impacts to different estuary regions, access to tools and resources to monitor changes, and information to help managers develop adaptation plans for estuaries and coastal communities.
Phone: (202) 343-9871
- Climate Ready Estuaries 2010 Progress Report
- Climate Ready Estuaries 2009 Progress Report
- EPA Vulnerability Assessments in Support of the Climate Ready Estuaries Program: A Novel Approach Using Expert Judgment, Volume I: Results for the San Francisco Estuary Partnership (Final Report)
- Oyster River (New Hampshire) Culvert Analysis Project
- Connecticut Adaptation Resource Toolkit (CART)
- Climate Change and the Delaware Estuary: Three Case Studies in Vulnerability Assessment and Adaptation Planning
- EPA Climate Ready Estuaries - Synthesis of Adaptation Options for Coastal Areas
- Adaptation Planning for the National Estuary Program - Elements of an Adaptation Plan
- Climate Ready Estuaries 2012 Progress Report
- EPA Climate Ready Estuaries Rolling Easements Primer