FGDC GeoPlatform Website
The Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) GeoPlatform website provides access to federally-maintained data and resources related to coastal flooding, sea level rise, and their impacts. The website also provides data from government partners (state, tribal, regional and local) and non-governmental organizations. Platform users can access available data and share customized maps through web browsers and mobile applications.
The GeoPlatform provides shared and trusted geospatial data, services, and applications for use by the public and by government agencies and partners to meet their mission needs.
Through the GeoPlatform, users have access to:
- Nationally consistent data and services
- Authoritative data to support informed decision making
- Problem-solving applications and services that can be used many times across multiple Federal agencies and other organizations
- A shared infrastructure to host data and applications
- A national and Federal focal point where governmental, academic, private, and public data and applications can be visualized together to inform and address national and regional issues
GeoPlatform resources are divided into four main categories: documentation, organizational information, tutorials and trainings, and presentations.
- Federal Geographic Data Committee
- Mapping tool
- Tool (general)