Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
Enterprise Community Partners, Inc. (Enterprise) is a national nonprofit organization providing expertise for affordable housing and sustainable communities. Enterprise offers neighborhood solutions through public-private partnerships with financial institutions, governments, community organizations, and others.
The Resilient Communities Initiative seeks to strengthen communities and equip residents so they are better prepared for, and able to respond to, extreme weather events and other emergencies. Enterprise works directly with communities, bringing together expertise, partners, policy leadership, and investment to increase resiliency nationwide. Enterprise partners with multifamily property owners, government agencies, and community development corporations to support resilience at the building, neighborhood, city, and state levels, offering a range of products and services including tools for support, grant funding, and technical assistance.
Examples of Enterprise projects include:
- Application of tools and lessons learned from the Learning Collaborative for Multifamily Resilience in the redevelopment of Bayshore Village, an affordable senior community that was partially destroyed by Superstorm Sandy
- Partnering with the cities of New York and New Orleans to build resilient public housing communities and increase preparedness at the district level
- Grant funding for community development corporation projects that use creative placemaking strategies to strengthen the connection between cultural and climate resilience (Climate and Cultural Resilience Grant Program)
- Multifamily Flood Insurance Affordability Study
- Safer and Stronger Cities: Strategies for Advocating for Federal Resilience Policy
- Ready to Respond: Strategies for Multi-Family Building Resilience
- Strong, Prosperous, And Resilient Communities Challenge - SPARCC