New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance
The New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance is a network of policymakers, public and private sector practitioners, academics, and NGO and business leaders designed to build climate change preparedness capacity in New Jersey. The Alliance is facilitated by Rutgers University.
The Alliance focuses on climate change preparedness in key impacted sectors including public health; watersheds, rivers and coastal communities; built infrastructure; agriculture; and natural resources, through:
- Conducting outreach and education of the general public and targeted sectoral leaders;
- Developing recommendations for state and local actions through collaboration with policymakers at the state, federal and local levels;
- Undertaking demonstration and pilot projects in partnership with the private sector, local governments, non-governmental organizations, and others;
- Identifying science, research and data needs; and
- Developing capacity for implementation of preparedness measures and documentation of best practices.
Organizations and individuals may participate in some or all activities of the Alliance. Opportunities to participate may include acting as expert reviewers on technical documents, serving on the Advisory Committee, participating in workshops, and signing onto recommendations for public policy.
The Alliance hosts a variety of meetings, some of which are open to the general public, including symposia and general stakeholder meetings. Quarterly meetings of the Advisory Committee are limited to Advisory Committee members and invited guests.
Phone: (848) 932-2725
- Rutgers University
- State of the Climate: New Jersey
- Climate Change Adaptation in the Water Supply Sector - New Jersey
- Resilience. Preparing New Jersey for Climate Change: Policy Considerations from the NJ Climate Adaptation Alliance
- New Jersey Climate Adaptation Directory
- An Analysis of NJ Climate Adaptation Alliance Coastal Recommendations Relative to Recent Programs and Legislation for Climate Adaptation in Delaware, Maryland, and New York
- Implications for Local Planning Practice of Policy Recommendations of the New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance
- The Role of Buildings in Climate Adaptation