Western States Federal Agency Support Team (WestFAST)
The Western States Federal Agency Support Team (WestFAST) is a collaboration between 12 Federal agencies with water management responsibilities in the West (Environmental Protection Agency, National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration, Bureau of Reclamation, Bureau of Land Management, , U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Forest Service, Natural Resources Conservation Service, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Dept. of Energy, and National Aeronautics and Space Administration). WestFAST was established to support the Western States Water Council (WSWC), and the Western Governors Association in coordinating Federal efforts regarding water resources.
The WestFAST team's work has included implementing a number of water-related objectives related to climate change, as identified by the Western Governors' Association. WestFAST agencies participate in several interagency climate change planning and coordinating work groups.
Phone: (801) 685-2555
- U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI)
- Western States Water Council (WSWC)
- Western Governors' Association (WGA)
- U.S. Forest Service (USFS)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)