Headwaters Economics is an independent, nonprofit research group that works to inform decision-making about community development, land management, and natural resources management in the West. A related goal is improving the transparency and accountability of these decisions.
Headwaters Economics seeks to increase understanding the impacts of climate change, reduce vulnerabilities, and build resilient communities and economies. Its research demonstrates how the social and economic characteristics of various regional and local target areas are impacted by changes in climate.
Phone: (406) 570-8937
- Missoula County Climate Action: Creating a Resilient and Sustainable Community
- Populations at Risk Tool
- Socioeconomics and Climate Change in the Great Lakes Region Atlas
- Implementing Climate Change Adaptation: Lessons Learned From Ten Examples
- The Effects of Climate Change on the Downhill Skiing and Recreational Fishing Economy in the Crown of the Continent
- Neighborhoods at Risk Tool