Urban Land Institute
The mission of the Urban Land Institute is to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide. ULI is an independent global nonprofit multidisciplinary real estate forum supported by members representing the entire spectrum of real estate development and land use disciplines.
ULI’s Resilience-focused Advisory Services panels providing communities with planning, urban design and development strategies to make cities both more resilient and more adaptable to the impacts of climate change.
ULI’s Returns on Resilience project features case studies on real estate developments that incorporate resilient design measures while maintaining positive business outcomes.
ULI conducts ongoing research on urban resiliency, and provides regular white papers and reports that are linked on their website - in the “Resource Library” on the Publications tab - such as:
- A Guide to Assessing Climate Change Risk,
- Resilience Strategies along the Rural-Urban Transect,
- What the Real Estate Industry Needs to Know about the Insurance Industry and Climate Change,
- Housing in America: Integrating Housing, Health and Resilience in a Changing Environment and
- Resilience Strategies for Communities at Risk.
The ULI Resiliency Grant Program supports locally initiated resilience projects led by ULI District Councils. (Only ULI District Councils and ULI National Councils may apply.) Most recently for FY16, the ULI Foundation contributed $219,000 and 14 grants were awarded. In order to be eligible for a grant, projects must recognize or launch innovative public/private partnerships for building healthy, thriving communities worldwide.
Founded in 1936, ULI now has more than 38,000 members worldwide, representing the entire spectrum of land use and real estate development disciplines working in private enterprise and public service.
- Infrastructure 2010: Investment Imperative
- What the Real Estate Industry Needs to Know about the Insurance Industry and Climate Change
- 2016 Resilient Cities Summit Report - Solutions for Sustainable Land Use
- Risk and Resilience in Coastal Regions, An Urban Land Institute Global Policy and Practice Forum Report
- The Urban Implications of Living with Water (Boston, Massachusetts)
- After Sandy: Advancing Strategies for Long-Term Resilience and Adaptability
- Urban Lands Institute: Returns on Resilience Initiative - the Business Case
- Harvesting the Value of Water: Stormwater, Green Infrastructure, and Real Estate
- Climate Risk and Real Estate Investment Decision-Making
- Waterfronts of Portland and South Portland, Maine: Regional Strategies for Creating Resilient Waterfronts
- Scorched: Extreme Heat and Real Estate